Just when I think winter is over, my phone starts buzzing with snow alerts. Ugh.
To combat my winter blues, I eat chocolate for breakfast. You can judge me or you can join me, the decision is yours. Choose well, and this bowl of lusciousness could await you tomorrow morning
INGREDIENTS (serves 1)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of dark chocolate peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- sugar, agave, smashed banana or whatever you like to sweeten your oats with
- Mix all ingredients together in a small pot and bring to a boil
- Stir continuously (to avoid burning) until thickened to your liking, or 5-10 minutes. To avoid burning it is important that you stir continuously.
- Turn off the heat, pour into a bowl, and add a few splashes of milk to cool it down.
- If desired, top with nuts, dried fruits (like cranberries!), or chocolate chips to make it even more COCOA CRAZY!